FREE SAMPLE ISSUE FREE NEWSLETTER DIGITAL ISSUE PREVIEW

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tools of the Trade sale-Pickering?

Default Tools of the Trade sale-Pickering?

A friend tells me that this is scheduled for Sunday, April 5 at the Pickering Recreation Center. I haven't seen any notice of it but perhaps someone here knows? Is anyone here planning to attend?
    Thanks, Rick.

Default Re: Tools of the Trade sale-Pickering?

I'll be there!

Meet at noon, walk down to the <something> and Firkin for lunch, back to the sale afterwards for one more pass...

Darrell
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Wood Hoarder, Blade Sharpener, and Occasional Tool User

I'll be there also Rick. I look forward to seeing you again. See if you can drag Mack, the unrepentant electron burner to the handtool show. Mind you he may get turned back at the door!

I unfortunately won't be able to join you for lunch Darrell. I'll be minding a table!

Regards,

Ed

I will definitly be there. Always enjoy looking at all the different tools and like to bring home a little something. I'll be the guy with the knuckles dragging on the ground, wait, i think that will be too vague at a show like that. cheers. bill.
    Last edited by wilburville; 02-20-2009 at 02:53 PM.

Blog Entries

I like to go just to see older stuff. Kinda like a woodworkers museum of sorts for me and I appreciate history/museums in general.

Would love to buy a few hand tools as I really have none to speak of, but would be totally "Lost" trying to assess the good from the bad. There's a reason I've chosen "Lost In The Woods" as a handle, I truly am, and believe with the incredible amount of areas that encompass woodworking, I always will be "Lost" in something related to woodworking, although some areas I have "Found" myself not as "Lost" thru time and effort.
    Kevin

If I recall correctly, they did the same thing last year. They took advantage of our breakfast on the 1st Sunday of the month and scheduled their Tools of the Trade show on the same day knowing full well there would be a huge attendance at our breakfast, and hoping to get a few of our attendees to go to their show!
    Mack C. in Brooklin (Whitby) ON
    It feels really great to sell a pen;
    It feels even greater to give one to a friend!

If your presence doesn't make an impact,
    Your absence won't make a difference!

I am a proud supporter of
    "Pens for Canadian Peacekeepers"!
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/One-o...95203433854962

Hey Mack, are you talking about the size of the attendees or the quantity of attendees? bill.

Quote Originally Posted by wilburville View Post
    Hey Mack, are you talking about the size of the attendees or the quantity of attendees? bill.
    I've been there. It's both! Hey, I helped...
    Mike in Orangeville, ON
    http://ifonlyyouwood.blogspot.com/

SPCHT

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Graham View Post
    I've been there. It's both! Hey, I helped...
    Hi Mike; I hope you can fit our breakfast into your schedule again this year!

Oh dear! That sounds positively dangerous -- I'll have to be sure to take a list ... er, really ... ;)

Ed I know that you don't like to miss events, so here is my proposition. You go to lunch, and I will (take care) of your saws. Don't even worry about rushing back to the table. Both saws will be just fine, trust me.
    Dan

Everyone attending the show from the forum should wear a name tag made from duct tape so other forumites can say hello. Sorry Mack, i won't wear mine on my mouth.

[quote=wilburville;209824]
    Everyone attending the show from the forum should wear a name tag made from duct tape so other forumites can say hello.
    Hey Bill; That's a great idea. Who gave it to you?
    Sorry Mack, i won't wear mine on my mouth
    I wouldn't expect you to. That would waste a lot of tape! Hope to see you at the show.

Hey Mack, i was suprised i came up with it too.
    My wife said the same thing about the duct tape on my mouth but she seemed to be o.k. with wasting the tape. LOL
    I'll wear one but i won't put my picture on it, you'll have to guess who i am lol.
    How about you Mack, you going to wear one? cheers. bill.

Where is this listed? The Pickering Rec center never seems to know when it is, I just get the news if I recall from the previous show, or see something on a board. Does the tool group have a site? I'm just down the road so I hate to miss this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Peterpan View Post
    Where is this listed? The Pickering Rec center never seems to know when it is, I just get the news if I recall from the previous show, or see something on a board. Does the tool group have a site?
    The Tool Group Of Canada does have a website: http://www.thetoolgroupofcanada.com/

BUT they are not actually associated with the Tools of the Trade sale. They do list the show dates but that's mostly because they share a common interest in the show, being mostly a bunch of rabid tool collectors. ;^) ;^)

Darrell

Thanks Darrell.

I will be heading to the LN hand tool event on Saturday April 4 in Waterloo. SWMBO is coming with me and will do some shopping while I am at the event. We are staying over at the Comfort Inn that night and will be heading out in the morning. I just confirmed that she wouldn't mind if we headed to Pickering from Waterloo and attend the TOTT show. I must admit, she really is a great SWMBO and if I just "accidentally" leave this post up for her to "accidentally" read, that should really set me up for spending money at the LN event, The night away in Waterloo and my fortunes that I come across at the TOTT show on Sunday. See you all there.

Kevin
    Last edited by Kevin in Keswick; 03-14-2009 at 06:03 PM.
    SPCHT

Proud member since Oct '06

Default Tools of the Trade sale next week!

Just thought I would nudge this thread to remind people that the sale is next Sunday, April 5th.

Darrell
    I asked the kids if they wanted to go to the sale with me, but got fairly non-committal replies. Who understands kids these days?

Default Re: Tools of the Trade sale next week!

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell View Post
    Just thought I would nudge this thread to remind people that the sale is next Sunday, April 5th.

Darrell
    I asked the kids if they wanted to go to the sale with me, but got fairly non-committal replies. Who understands kids these days?
    And as an aside, for those interested in joining us for our monthly woodworkers breakfast, you will be most welcome. It's held in central Ajax, perhaps 15 minutes from the Pickering Rec Center. We normally start by 8:00 am so you would have no difficulty in making the 'door-opening bell' for TOTT Show and Sale. The reminder thread is generally posted by mid-week, so watch for it as it contains the location information.