FREE SAMPLE ISSUE FREE NEWSLETTER DIGITAL ISSUE PREVIEW

Thread: Delta Scroll Saw

Default Delta Scroll Saw

I have a Delta Scroll Saw that I bought new mayby 12 to 15 years ago. It is the 18" with the floor stand. Model 40-650C. I called Delta today for some parts for the top blade holder but they told me they changed the clamp a few years ago and no longer have any spare parts. Delta is now in Halifax and not Ontario. Does anyone know of another place where I can get parts. I asked the guy if I could install another model clamp but he didn't know. Not very helpfull.

Michel Desjardins Guest

Default Re: Delta Scroll Saw

There are a number of after market parts suppliers out there. You should have no problems finding your part with a Google search. You might try checking some of the many scroll sawing forums for advise.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan in Nova Scotia View Post
    I have a Delta Scroll Saw that I bought new mayby 12 to 15 years ago. It is the 18" with the floor stand. Model 40-650C. I called Delta today for some parts for the top blade holder but they told me they changed the clamp a few years ago and no longer have any spare parts. Delta is now in Halifax and not Ontario. Does anyone know of another place where I can get parts. I asked the guy if I could install another model clamp but he didn't know. Not very helpfull.
    Hi Ivan

I just spoke to a lady at the Power Tool Clinic in Calgary (403 276 4633). She was really helpful and asks that either you call her or she suggested contacting your nearest Dewalt repair shop (???). If you have already done this please give her a call and she says she should be able to find the parts for ya.

Cheers

DaveD

We stock A LOT of Delta parts. What model # is the saw. You can also use the Live Chat feature on the website or call toll free and any of the salesmen can help you out. If there is a part out there....we will find it for you.

Default Re: Delta Scroll Saw - small rant

I note with interest that two people with (apparently) commercial interests in woodworking machinery have offered help in this situation, at least one of whom can not possibly benefit from providing this guy with some assistance.

Where's Woody from Woodbrige now?

It seems to me that purpose of fora in general is to share experiences and information in the area of woodworking. Some of us are hobbyists, some are professionals and some a purveyors of woodworking equipment, both old and new. If any one of the foregoing have useful information, parts, guides, links for those of us who occasionally need help, who among us would complain about it?

I have no idea who donamy is, however, if he is able to find a replacement part for a few dollars that keeps Ivan's saw working for a few more years rather than having to replace it, who loses? DaveD from Busy Bee took the time to check out his local sources and provided another avenue for Ivan. What could possibly be considered "commercial" or "marketing" about this?

There seem to be a number of people who seem to take it upon themselves to act in place of the moderators (who seem to be doing a pretty good job). While I don't always agree with comments, ideas, designs, processes and procedures here, there is always a plethora of excellent information available for woodworkers of all experience levels.

I hope this forum will not degenerate into the name calling flaming cr*p that appears on some of the US fora.

OK, spleen vented, done for now.

I agree with Jack that this forum is established to generate ideas and bring a greater knowledge to woodworkers. As you said the forum is set up for people to share knowledge and resources, Ivan posed a question and anyone in this forum who had the resources to answer it surely would have done so. It is not my intention to step on anyone's toes, but only to be helpful. Ivan's question applied to a very exclusive niche that happens to be my expertise.
    Ivan did contact me and I was able to give him the correct part # and he can now proceed how he chooses to with a little more information than he had before. After all, this is what it is all about. Thanks for your concern. I too, would like to keep this forum welcoming.