FREE SAMPLE ISSUE FREE NEWSLETTER DIGITAL ISSUE PREVIEW

Thread: RE: Customer Service

Smile RE: Customer Service

Hey Guys and Gals;
    I don't often post on this site, I generally just lurk cause I leave all the sage comments to those who are much more talented and experience than myself, however, in this case I felt I had to write about this weeks experiences with......yes...our own suppliers. Incredible experience !
    On Monday past I was installing grinding stones on my new General grinder only to discover that they required balancing. I Called Lee Valley in Ottawa Wednesday to order the Balancer. I requested that they possibly expedite the package. No problem. Went to the post office yesterday and there it was. Now was able to Balance stones and install grinder in shop. Wonderful !
    BUT ! the biggy was the following....I had aalways wanted a Work Sharp 3000. Someone on here recommended that it was a super machine...so I researched and found that "All-in-One-Tools" carried the machine. So I called them on Wednesday and spoke to a really nice person named Brian. Yes they had the machine and accessories and yes they could ship. I invisioned that this was going to take at least three to four weeks......but lo and behold there in Friday's mail was this huge box with everything I had ordered. To-day I had a glorious time setting up the machine and sharpening chisels that haven't had an edge on them since Noah built his Ark. Plane blades look out your next. Wouldn't it be nice if all companies had the same kind of customer care that the aforementioned two have. And this with the recession going on. Amazing. Kudos to both of them. You know who gets my small business from now on.

Nick.
    God is My Co-Pilot !

Default Re: Customer Service

It's nice to see someone give praise instead of all the griping we read and hear about on a daily basis. I thought I'd ad my 2c and say that I have NEVER had any trouble whatsoever with LV customer service (or thier products for that matter) and I'd like to thank them for that. The other store mentioned above I've never heard of so I can't say anything however, if thier name comes up I'm sure I'll remembor that I've heard only good things (all 1 "things") about them.
    If at first you don't succeed do it the way you were told.

Default Re: Customer Service

Quote Originally Posted by Nick in Minden View Post
    Hey Guys and Gals;
    I don't often post on this site, I generally just lurk cause I leave all the sage comments to those who are much more talented and experience than myself, however, in this case I felt I had to write about this weeks experiences with......yes...our own suppliers.
    Thanks for posting the positive thread Nick. And don't worry about posting without much experience... I'm a Woodworking Hack that dreams about and restores old handplanes, but my reality is more connected to a Dewalt circular saw - this hasn't kept me from posting fairly often.

Gotta link to All-In-One?

Matt
    SPCHT