FREE SAMPLE ISSUE FREE NEWSLETTER DIGITAL ISSUE PREVIEW

Thread: UPDATE to sawstop brake thread

Smile UPDATE to sawstop brake thread

Well I had an update to add to the recent thread I started:

http://forum.canadianwoodworking.com...ad.php?t=30415

But since I thought my post might get lost among the replies decided to start a new thread:

I contacted sawstop and explained my suggestion (regarding updating the manual or adding a sticker to the blank ZCI). I had spotted a couple of other (small) errors in their manual which resulted in updating their online manual recently. The same service manager replied this time. He thanked me for the careful suggestions and told me that since about 6 months ago they have started adding an instruction sheet to the new blank ZCI (mine was old stock and didn't have this). He sent me the file (see below). Guess what was the very first Warning in the instruction:

Now the better part is that he offered to send me a brake cartridge as well as a blade!!!! He said that:

" This would not be our normal practice, but I appreciate your candor and positive suggestions. I know that you weren’t asking for compensation, but I appreciate the concern and appreciate your desire to be helpful."

Now that's a top notch customer service (in par with the quality of the saw). Of course I couldn't decline such a generous offer

Matt: as I said, their customer service of sawstop is great (just as I had heard).

Default Re: UPDATE to sawstop brake thread

That's excellent news! Love to hear about companies doing the right thing . Bravo SawStop!

Real Name
    Mike Delyster

Mreza:

Thats great to here, I'm glad to here that, SawStop customer service is great to deal with once again.

Mike

Good job to you and to SS.

Good outcome for you.
    Sounds like LV's approach to Customer Service and satisfaction.

Real Name
    Ryan

mreza, do I remember correctly that you bought this second-hand from a private seller? If so, really, that makes sawstop's cs even more impressive! I mean, it's one thing to support your customers, it's quite another to support as well the people who didn't even give you any money! kudos for them.

Real Name
    I.B.Woodworker

Quote Originally Posted by mreza View Post
    Now the better part is that he offered to send me a brake cartridge as well as a blade!!!! He said that:

" This would not be our normal practice, but I appreciate your candor and positive suggestions. I know that you weren’t asking for compensation, but I appreciate the concern and appreciate your desire to be helpful."

Now that's a top notch customer service (in par with the quality of the saw). Of course I couldn't decline such a generous offer
    Matt: as I said, their customer service of sawstop is great (just as I had heard).
    I am glad to hear that they stepped up to the plate. Coming from a customer service background.. (I was in IT, so there is an oxymoron for you), it serves little not to bend over backwards for the customer given the nature of the case.

My wallet has officially come out of lock and key from my pocket. Still empty, but SawStop is again a realistic consideration for my money when I do get some.

Matt.

Great to hear! Kudos to SawStop for making this happen - that little gesture just bought them great word of mouth from this entire forum!

Now just be careful when you finally make your ZCI cut! Ha!

Mark

While it is good customer service to help you out, I think it's even better that they already recognized and fixed the problem 6 months ago!
    Kudos to them and glad it worked out for you Mreza.

Ryan

PS. If your looking for any more blades for that new saw, see my post in the swap meet section.
    Formerly known as "Ryan in Edmonton "

GALLERY OF PROJECTS: http://lumberjocks.com/galleries/Boomr99#

Glad to hear that things worked out good for you in regards to this. I had a feeling that when you contacted them directly they would would make you happy.

Blog Entries

A happy ending. What more could you ask for.
    Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by callee View Post
    mreza, do I remember correctly that you bought this second-hand from a private seller? If so, really, that makes sawstop's cs even more impressive! I mean, it's one thing to support your customers, it's quite another to support as well the people who didn't even give you any money! kudos for them.
    No question about customer service of SS;
    the saw I bought had been a demo model of HOT and the guy didn't even set it up. I paid for the saw (which was paid for to HOT). So I think the end receiver has been SS.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan in Edmonton View Post
    While it is good customer service to help you out, I think it's even better that they already recognized and fixed the problem 6 months ago!
    Kudos to them and glad it worked out for you Mreza.

Ryan

PS. If your looking for any more blades for that new saw, see my post in the swap meet section.
    Thanks. I don't need more blade at this point. I might (or not) get that Fusion blade fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost in the Woods View Post
    A happy ending. What more could you ask for.
    Yes, it's even more than I asked for (I only asked for an update to manual or sticker on the ZCI). The rest was their offer only

Congratulations! Glad the whole thing worked out for you. I felt bad when I read your first post on this subject. That is one hell of a machine you got there; I was very impressed and now even more, given how well they treated you. Next spring I am going for the SS professional saw.

However, as good as the saw is, I am still more impressed by that wide belt sander you made. One of the more impressive pieces of engineering I have seen. Thanks again for flattening that panel. My drill press is mobile now

Quote Originally Posted by Teak View Post
    Congratulations! Glad the whole thing worked out for you. I felt bad when I read your first post on this subject. That is one hell of a machine you got there; I was very impressed and now even more, given how well they treated you. Next spring I am going for the SS professional saw.

However, as good as the saw is, I am still more impressed by that wide belt sander you made. One of the more impressive pieces of engineering I have seen. Thanks again for flattening that panel. My drill press is mobile now
    Thanks for helping out with the assembly.
    Glad I could help with the sanding and thanks for the comments.