FREE SAMPLE ISSUE FREE NEWSLETTER DIGITAL ISSUE PREVIEW

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TRITON ROUTER on sale at RONA

Default TRITON ROUTER on sale at RONA

Hi,

Rona won't be carrying the triton router anymore.......they are on clearance or on ''liquidation'' for those whose speaks the language of Moliere!

I pick-up a TriTon 2 1/4 hp router for my router table at 149.99$
    the 3 1/4 hp is at 169.99.

just passing along the information!

Default Re: TRITON ROUTER on sale at RONA

Thanks for the notice. I know that Triton itself is in financial trouble in Australia and they might have been bought out.

I hve the Treton 2 1/4 hp router and really like it. Perhaps I will purchase another for spare parts.

By the way, I notice that this is your first post here, so I would like to welcome you.
    Cheers,
    Frank

Blog Entries

And a big "BIENVENUE" from me as well.

Just like Frank said, I may get one for spare parts. Or maybe I should just hold onto mine to sell for spare parts to others down the road?

Hmmm....what to do?
    Kevin

Real Name
    Michael

Smile Re: TRITON ROUTER on sale at RONA

I saw them today in winnipeg for that price and almost bought one but decided to hold out for a OF1400, besides I already have 5 routers.

I'm thinking of replacing my big PC router, it's a 75362. The problem with it is that it isn't variable speed, and if I'm going to start using panel bits, I need to be able to slow it down...a lot. It's a great router, haven't had a problem with it in over 15 years, but I think the variable speed is going to be important in my table.

Also, does anyone have recommendations for a router lift? I'm thinking to either get a lift, or build my new table with a tilting top.

Real Name
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by hwgill View Post
    I'm thinking of replacing my big PC router, it's a 75362. The problem with it is that it isn't variable speed, and if I'm going to start using panel bits, I need to be able to slow it down...a lot. It's a great router, haven't had a problem with it in over 15 years, but I think the variable speed is going to be important in my table.

Also, does anyone have recommendations for a router lift? I'm thinking to either get a lift, or build my new table with a tilting top.
    Milwaukee 5625 for the router and either a woodpecker prl-v2 or a jessem lift.

Thanks for the heads up. I love my Triton enough I might just go pick up another one.

hwgill, if you get a triton, you don't need a lift for it. Great above table bit changes and micro height adjustment. And it has variable speed too.

Ryan
    Formerly known as "Ryan in Edmonton "

GALLERY OF PROJECTS: http://lumberjocks.com/galleries/Boomr99#

Quote Originally Posted by hwgill View Post

"Also, does anyone have recommendations for a router lift? I'm thinking to" either get a lift, or build my new table with a tilting top.
    I just bought a Freud 2 1/2 HP Router With above table lift for my Talbe in fact I bought the $300.oo ultimate table from HD just the other day I will not set the table up I'll just use the pieces from it the insert, the router, the fence, the switch. The beauty of this is the price I took back the 3 1/2 HP and insert that I bought previously, bought the portable table set up and came home with money in hand. If you look at the $500.oo table you get the bigger router and the micro adjutale fence, but no above table adjustment.
    Hope this helps
    Lloyd
    Last edited by Lloyd Den; 12-22-2009 at 05:14 AM.

I picked up one today, thanks for the tip!

I have a Mastercraft 1/4" plunge router now (that I am very happy with) but wanted one to dedicate to a router table and that could swing the bigger 1/2" bits to do some cabinet door work (going to attempt some cupboards this summer). I wasn't planning to make a purchase so soon but with the sale and with Triton disappearing soon I made the buy.

I specifically wanted a Triton so was glad for the chance to grab one, I love the through the table lift mechanism and adjustment knob on the handle. Very nice features.

Things I like:
    - Soft Start
    - Electronically compensates for loss of speed.
    - The through the table lift mechanism (with 1/128" graduations)
    - The easy switch from plunge to fixed
    - Comes with guide bushings
    - Comes with fence
    - Comes with circle template
    - Comes with a real wrench
    - Auto locks the collet for easy topside bit changes
    - Above and below dust collection
    - Removable plunge spring for table use
    - Variable speed
    - 3 year warranty (... dubious at the moment)
    - Comes with a 1/2" carbide straight cut bit

The only thing I dislike is the plastic case, it protects the contents well but once the router is out I had a devil of a time getting it back and the case closed.

I purchased it on my credit card which extends the warranty by 1 year and if the company folds the credit card will reimburse me on a warranty claim for the purchase price (so I was told, never tried to make a claim before).
    Last edited by Bitmugger; 12-22-2009 at 08:42 AM. Reason: more notes

Real Name
    Adam

None here in waterloo unfortunately... it's too bad too, as I'm looking for something with a little more power for a table mount.

Quote Originally Posted by acr View Post
    None here in waterloo unfortunately... it's too bad too, as I'm looking for something with a little more power for a table mount.
    Booo. I was going to pop by this afternoon :(

heh let's storm the Cambridge Rona

At this price I would get one just for the convenience of permanently keeping it with a frequently used bit installed (like a 1/2" straight). It's so much faster to switch routers instead of bits

Lazy Nap.

Thank you. Just got 2.25 router at $149 last night. It's a sweet deal.

Didn't see one at our Rona, so I picked up a new Freud 3 1/4 hp plunge router at HD. They have it for 299, or 499 including Freud table. I'm building my own table, so I just spent the 299

There were two available at my local Rona (McNicol and Midland in Toronto). Now there is just one.

I bought one (as I said above, for parts). It`s a great router and one
    that I want to be able to use in my table for many years to come.
    Cheers,
    Frank

Went to the RONA H&G here in Ottawa today to snag a Triton or 2 or 3 or more...

They were sold out

Cheers!

Gary

Real Name
    Stan Otto

Reviving an old thread but thought I'd let anyone still in the market for a Triton 2 1/4 hp router that they are now down to $99.
    I sold some musical equipment this past weekend and thought the money could go towards some more tools. One lonely router on the shelf at the west end Rona with no price on it so I assumed they were still $149. It was a pleasant surprise when the nice lady rang it in at $99. Sweet. I'm now looking forward to routing stuff.
    stan

Nice !

(now adding more characters to my message in order to post.)
    Why do people keep calling me Rob?

Thanks for the heads up. I never shop at Rona, but I made an exception today. Got the last one from the Halifax store!

Thanks for the heads up! Just snagged one on my way home from the Lansing at Martingrove and Belfield....only one left there!
    There was no indication that these routers were on sale...the price was still posted $199. Took it to the cash, $99! Magic!
    -------
    Cheers,
    --Rick