FREE SAMPLE ISSUE FREE NEWSLETTER DIGITAL ISSUE PREVIEW

Thread: Some good customer service

Real Name
    Thomas

Default Some good customer service

I purchased a few bandsaw blades from Highland Woodworking. The "wood slicer" seems to be an awesome resaw blade.

I recently installed a new 3/16 inch blade. Set up the tension, guides, tracking (spinning upper wheel by hand), etc. and as soon as I stated up the bandsaw the blade broke where it had been joined. The blade had not yet touched wood.

Emailed Highland - a reply was received in less than 24 hours. Although they stated other than the wood slicer their blades are not guaranteed and it had been 2 months since I received the blade order, they sent me a replacement blade free of charge (blade and shipping). Needless to saw I'm a satisfied customer and will be ordering from them again.

Real Name
    I.B.Woodworker

Default Re: Some good customer service

I have purchased my bandsaw blades from R&D. In the last batch, one of my 3/16" blades broke at the weld. I had been using it for doing bandsaw boxes, so I brought it along with me to the woodstock show and they replaced it there on the spot without question.

I think that any reputable blade shop will either fix or replace a defective weld. If they didn't, I would clearly shop elsewhere as it shows they don't trust their own products to stand behind them.

Matt.

Default Re: Some good customer service, Highland Hardware

If you are ever in the Atlanta area it is worth a visit to Highland Hardware. It is like a Lee valley store but feels like you are in an old time hardware store. Excellent staff and they have a good assortment of hand tools and a smattering of power tools such as table saws etc. They are about 15 minutes from I 75 and there are some excellent casual dining restaurants within walking distance. Parking lot adjacent to store.

Brian
    " It is nice to be important but more important to be nice"

Real Name
    Mark Rose

Default Re: Some good customer service, Highland Hardware

Quote Originally Posted by Brian @ Muir View Post
    If you are ever in the Atlanta area it is worth a visit to Highland Hardware.

Brian
    Gez Brian, Any woodworking store you have not visited. Next will have to be fly to Germany, rent a porsche, and drives to Dick's
    Cheers, Mark
    Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut, that held its ground.

Real Name
    Trevor

I agree that good customer service seems to more and more rare, which is why I think it is important for us to acknowledge it when we are on the receiving end. Many of us are quick to complain but slower to praise. Just last week I had excellent service from a waitress at a restaurant I had never been to before. While she did get a good tip that lets her know she is doing a great job, I also left a note for the manager so they would know that she did an exceptional job and it was appreciated.

I have some 3/4 Viking bands that were welded crooked. I sent photos to Mike @ Woodworkers Haven and he sent me replacements.

Don