FREE SAMPLE ISSUE FREE NEWSLETTER DIGITAL ISSUE PREVIEW

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anybody buy replacement inkjet cartridges from 123inkcartridges.ca?

Default Re: Anybody buy replacement inkjet cartridges from 123inkcartridges.ca?

Depends on what you are doing and the volume of printing.

Color lasers for photography work are much more expensive (+$1000) to match the print quality of even a $100 inkjet.

At the rate I print it doesn't make sense. I'd guess in two years I've printed ~350/400 - 8 1/2" x 11" photo's.

Cheers, Don

I'm using cartridges from 123 right now. I bought the larger ones for about the same price as refilling the standard size. Refilling canon cartridges was pretty poor success rate, and some places refuse to do it.

The only issue is that the canon printer knows they are not canon cartridges and says they are always low. You know they are out when it won't print.
    It ain't the things you don't know that get you in trouble. It's the things you know for sure that just ain't so.

Real Name
    Bill

I see that I started this thread about 18 months ago. I am on my second $25 Laserjet cartridge and am so happy I have bought a third which is on the shelf ready to go. My friend has been using the inkjet cartridges for his printer, I think he buys the ones "with the chip" and is very satisfied. His daughter uses 123inkcartridges as well.

My only caution is not to use them until the printer is out of warranty assuming it is worthwhile sending it back for warranty. Many printers are so cheap these days it isn't worth the postage and the bother.

billh

Quote Originally Posted by Gene45 View Post
    I'm using cartridges from 123 right now. I bought the larger ones for about the same price as refilling the standard size. Refilling canon cartridges was pretty poor success rate, and some places refuse to do it.

The only issue is that the canon printer knows they are not canon cartridges and says they are always low. You know they are out when it won't print.

I use Cartridge World. They replace the Chips with a "resettable" chip.

For those in York Region they have a shop in Newmarket on Yonge street
    http://www.cartridgeworld.com/canada/

I tested some of the early attempts to "re-chip" cartridges for them. Some worked -- some did not. Not had a problem lately.

I buy Brother/HP laser cartridges as well.
    ---
    Will

“There is something fascinating about science. One gets such wholesale returns of conjecture out of such a trifling investment of fact.” —- Mark Twain