FREE SAMPLE ISSUE FREE NEWSLETTER DIGITAL ISSUE PREVIEW

Thread: Fabulon oil based poly, have you used it?? *PIC*

Gord in Newmarket Guest

Default Fabulon oil based poly, have you used it?? *PIC*

Hello All,

I need some help with a product I've never used before, Fabulon oil based poly.

While speaking with one of my finish suppliers he told me that this product is more durable than any other oil based poly on the market, typical salesman?

Have any of you guys used this stuff; I intend to use it on kitchen cabinet doors. Thanks in advance.

All the best
    Gord

Ed/Leaside Guest

Default Re: Fabulon oil based poly, have you used it?? *LINK*

That's a name that brings back some memories. I'm certain it's what my parents used on the new livingroom floor in the old farmhouse ... about 40 years ago. I also recalled somthing about bowling alleys ... so I searched. Yup.

Fabulon

Gord in Newmarket Guest

Default Great link Ed, thanks. *NM*

4. Default Re: Fabulon oil based poly, have you used it??

A short search of Fabulon using Google came up with some sites.

http://www.hardwoodinstaller.com/har...nishes-oil.htm

http://www.whscott.com/fabulon.htm

If you try it, pls post your results.

regards

Walt in Welland Guest

Default Re: Fabulon oil based poly, have you used it??

Gord, I first used Fabulon about four years ago and have not used anything else since.
    I first tried the water base, and was quite happy with it and about a year ago I purchased the oil base and I found it easy to apply.
    I am a hobbyist and apply all my finishes by hand, not sprayed. Price wise it is very competitive, coverage is excellent.
    Not sure how you will apply it, but by brush or foam it goes on nice, then leave it alone, it will level out very well.
    I believe Ron Evers also uses this product.
    Walt

Gord in Newmarket Guest

Default Thanks guys.... *NM*

Ron Evers Beeton ON Guest

We used it on our dinning room floor when we built in 74. It wore through in high traffic areas after 25 years and the fellow who refinished and ruined the floor said it was the hardest finish to sand off that he ever encountered.

It smells like lacquer to me and I mix it with sanding dust to make filler.

Best Regards, Ron.

Dennis in Orillia Guest

Hi Gord,

I used it on a cedar door in 86 when living in Scarborough. Never had to redo it and the people changed the door but that finish was still on there. Only ever see it at floor refinishing places.

I was given a little from a floor guy that he had left over to do the door. Amazing finish

Dennis

Default Where to buy?

Nothing like seeing a product thay everyone approves of - where does one get this stuff?

Thanks,
    Scott

Gord in Newmarket Guest

Default Summit Paints: 95 Eagle St Newmarket: 905-830-0252 *NM*