FREE SAMPLE ISSUE FREE NEWSLETTER DIGITAL ISSUE PREVIEW

Thread: Today's Smile

Default Today's Smile

A Chronology

A group of 15-year-old boys discussed where to meet for dinner. Finally, they agreed to meet at the Dairy Queen next to the Ocean View restaurant because they had only $6.00 among them and Jenny Johnson, the cute girl in Social Studies, lived on that street.

10 years later, the group of 25-year-old friends discussed where to meet for dinner. Finally, they agreed to meet at the Ocean View restaurant because the draft was cheap, the restaurant offered free snacks, the band was good, there was no cover and there were lots of cute girls.

10 years later, the group of 35-year-old friends discussed where to meet for dinner. Finally, they agreed to meet at the Ocean View restaurant because the micro-brews were good, it was right near the gym and, if they went late enough, there wouldn't be too many whiny little kids.

10 years later, the group of 45-year-old friends discussed where to meet for dinner. Finally, they agreed to meet at the Ocean View restaurant because the cigars were big, they had a good selection of whiskeys and the waitresses were hot.

10 years later, the group of 55-year-old friends discussed where to meet for dinner. Finally, they agreed to meet at the Ocean View restaurant because the prices were reasonable, the scotch list was good, and fish is good for cholesterol.

10 years later, the group of 65-year-old friends discussed where to meet for dinner. Finally, they agreed to meet at the Ocean View restaurant because the lighting was good and the restaurant had an early bird special.

10 years later, the group of 75-years-old friends discussed where to meet for dinner. Finally, they agreed to meet at the Ocean View restaurant because the food was not too spicy and the restaurant was handicapped-accessible.

10 years later, the group of 85-years-old friends discussed where to meet for dinner. Finally, they agreed to meet at the Ocean View restaurant because they had never been there before.
    Last edited by Donna H; 01-28-2011 at 08:15 PM. Reason: spelling
    Donna,
    Self Imposed Queen of Design Opportunities

Real Name
    Bill

Default Re: Today's Smile

I'd laugh more if it weren't so true! Good one.
    billh

Blog Entries

10 years later, a man dies peacefully in his sleep while dreaming about having dinner with his friends at the Ocean View restaurant because he lived a long and happy life!
    Kevin

Real Name
    Randy

Yup , the old dogs know a good deal .
    "Control, control , you must learn control ". Yoda

Cute one Donna LOL
    I`de keep laughing but i forgot what i was laughing about .
    not that old yet LOL.

Real Name
    Richard I(n) Smithville

But I want to know what ocean it was?
    http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y108/RichardF/Scarborough009-1.jpgAn expert at anything was once a beginner.

Ironically most would probably remember where they met 50 years ago better than where they were last month! My excuse is that my hard-drive is full! - at 81.

81!! That's a few decades older than me. Way to go Glen! I think it is very cool that you are "on-line" and contributing to a forum.
    Donna,
    Self Imposed Queen of Design Opportunities