FREE SAMPLE ISSUE FREE NEWSLETTER DIGITAL ISSUE PREVIEW

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 81

Thread: HAUSSMANN power tools manufacturer's

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sandy Lake, MB
    Posts
    82

    Default HAUSSMANN power tools manufacturer's

    HAUSSMANN power tools are sold at RONA, Reno-Depot, and Totem Building Supplies across canada. They have taken over the "RONA" brand of power tools. There was a previous post on here about HAUSSMANN and many people stated GMC power tools made these for RONA, however that is not the fact. I worked at RONA for 4 years, and here is what I know about them.

    http://www.sumec.com/en/col64/articl...?intShowType=5
    Sumec produces the drills, impacts, and other bagged cordless tools.

    http://huafengtool.en.alibaba.com/
    Huafeng produces circular saws, mitre saws, grinders, dual-blade saws, and biscuit joiners.

    http://www.rexon.net/product/european/bt2500ae.htm
    Rexon produces table saws. These are excellent quality saws, and are made for everyday use.

    http://www.aircofasteners.com.au/toolmenu.php
    Airco produces all types of pnuematic nailers for RONA. Framing, roofing, brads, and staplers. These are the same products that King Canada Sells under the 'KING CANADA" name. For the price these are excellent tools.

    The HAUSSMANN line carries a 3 year warranty, and a great price line. These tools are not made for contractors, they are designed for the DIYer. There are some HAUSSMAN EXPERT tools that are contractor quality, however the price of a brand name tool to a haussmann expert is nearly the same.

    I own a the 10" sliding mitre saw, which has worked excellent for the 200 dollar price tag (other comperable saws go for 450). I also own a 18v Drill/Impact Combo($119), which I have used ALOT in the last 2 years and never had a single problem. The weight and feel of these tools is excellent considering what you pay.

    http://www.haussmanntools.com/haussmann

    http://powergtools.us/ Sold In the USA Here

    For parts and service http://mecanair.net/en/produits.php
    Last edited by ronaselect; 03-05-2011 at 03:06 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Port Colborne,On.
    Posts
    162

    Default Re: HAUSSMANN power tools manufacturer's

    No use for RONA, Don't like the store.

    Growing old is mandatory
    Growing up is optional

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sandy Lake, MB
    Posts
    82

    Default Re: HAUSSMANN power tools manufacturer's

    Who asked if you liked RONA? the topic is on haussmann tools. There are things about RONA i dont like either, however the framing lumber they sell in the west is better than any lumber you will buy anywhere else. All 1 inch boards are Gorman, and all framing lumber from 2x4-2x12 comes from Dakeryn, who sells J and A grade Lumber. Once you use a premium lumber you will never go back, less crowns, twists, bows, and great appearnace
    Last edited by ronaselect; 03-05-2011 at 03:05 PM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Nobleton, Ontario
    Posts
    322

    Default Re: HAUSSMANN power tools manufacturer's

    I happened to be in a Rona store the other week and took a look at some of those tools and noticed the initials PRC stamped on them. I'm guessing that stands for the Peoples Republic of China, are they all made in China?
    When I asked one of the workers he said that he thought they were made in Germany, they didn't look German to me.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    621
    Real Name
    David Gordon

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    I happened to be in a Rona store the other week and took a look at some of those tools and noticed the initials PRC stamped on them. I'm guessing that stands for the Peoples Republic of China, are they all made in China?
    When I asked one of the workers he said that he thought they were made in Germany, they didn't look German to me.
    I always thought the name was chosen specifically to sound German which is pretty much a put off for me...
    - Dave

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    sarnia ont
    Posts
    9,477
    Real Name
    Steve Morris

    Default Re: HAUSSMANN power tools manufacturer's

    Quote Originally Posted by TheKingInYellow View Post
    I always thought the name was chosen specifically to sound German which is pretty much a put off for me...
    my thoughts exactly, they are no more german than i am(i was born in the uk), they are chinese imports just like 99% of the portable power tools on the market
    my shop is a beaver lodge
    steve, sarnia, ont

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    621
    Real Name
    David Gordon

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stevem View Post
    my thoughts exactly, they are no more german than i am(i was born in the uk), they are chinese imports just like 99% of the portable power tools on the market
    It's not that I have a problem with Chinese tools but it seems intentionally deceptive somehow.
    - Dave

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    sarnia ont
    Posts
    9,477
    Real Name
    Steve Morris

    Default Re: HAUSSMANN power tools manufacturer's

    Quote Originally Posted by TheKingInYellow View Post
    It's not that I have a problem with Chinese tools but it seems intentionally deceptive somehow.
    i avoid chinese tools if i posibly can and not just for quality reasons, but political as well

    and yes the "haussman" name does seem purposely deceptive and that irks me and the fact that an employee of a rona store thinks that they are european is indicative of the deception
    my shop is a beaver lodge
    steve, sarnia, ont

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Peterborough
    Posts
    638

    Default Re: HAUSSMANN power tools manufacturer's

    Strictly marketing. Of course they are not made in Germany. It's the same as all the marketing we encounter every day. Take the beer ads.....just buying the specific beer and drinking it doesn't mean that you are going to have beautiful girls flock to your side and the party will be amazing, but that's what the ads would have you believe. RONA isn't saying these are built in Germany, they are just putting the thought of German quality into your head at the same time you're purchasing them in hopes that we will put the two together. It's called marketing. "Purposely Deceptive" is another term for marketing, in my books, and no different than at least 99% of the products we see on a daily basis.
    ______________________________________________
    Rob Brown
    Editor - Canadian Woodworking & Home Improvement

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    3,116

    Default Re: HAUSSMANN power tools manufacturer's

    The first time I saw the Haussman brand I smiled to myself. I thought to myself, are they kidding?? But then on reflection, 90% of the purchasers really have no clue and would assume Rona is a reasonable store and sell a reasonable product. For the 3 or 4 times a year they might actually use the drill or whatever, it's probably fine.
    Paul

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sandy Lake, MB
    Posts
    82

    Default Re: HAUSSMANN power tools manufacturer's

    All tools have a full 3 year warranty so why would be scared to spend a small amout of cash?? People in this era don't have thousands of dollars to be wasting on tools that they will not use everyday. Instead of paying 350 for a bagged set drill and Impact, why not pay 119 and beat the crap out of it for 3 years? My mitre saw may not be a BOSCH or Makita but it does the same job, it has a double laser, 16" slide out, and double bevel cut and I payed 300 bucks with the stand. A saw of this magintude from Makita or Bosch with a stand could go over 600 easy. The fence was perfect on it, which for most cheap saws is the biggest problem. Another funny thing is BOSCH tools are made in china however i can bet alot of you are using them. Bosch tools only carry a 2 year warranty, yet they are a superior tool. BOSCH is GERMAN enginered not german built. You would be very surprised If you knew who made what in the tool indusrty for who. If you dont use your tools every day simply use your head people, I am not bragging about Haussman, its just like Mastercraft with canadian tire, King Canada with CO-OP and Ryobi with Home Depot great tools for the price. I personally would never use HAUSSMANN for my contracting needs, same with RYOBI and Mastercraft. THESE TOOLS ARE FOR THE DO IT YOURSELFER NOT CONTRACTOR/BUILDERS PERIOD!!!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sandy Lake, MB
    Posts
    82

    Default Re: HAUSSMANN power tools manufacturer's

    Quote Originally Posted by stevem View Post
    i avoid chinese tools if i posibly can and not just for quality reasons, but political as well

    and yes the "haussman" name does seem purposely deceptive and that irks me and the fact that an employee of a rona store thinks that they are european is indicative of the deception
    Who said they were european? If you read the top post at no point do I mention these are euro, infact I state they are made in China. I used to work at RONA, don't anymore, second I am not gloating on Haussman just setting the facts. The RONA i worked at is nothing like the RONAs u see, our town has less people in it than a big box RONA store has employees. There are many things about RONA i dislike as well, the only reason my name is ronaselect is because I appreciate good building materials, especially framing and decking lumber. CO-OP or McDarmid is my only other choice and if I had to use that rubbish material I wouldnt build.
    Last edited by ronaselect; 03-06-2011 at 10:52 AM.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    621
    Real Name
    David Gordon

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ronaselect View Post
    Who said they were european? If you read the top post at no point do I mention these are euro, infact I state they are made in China. I used to work at RONA, don't anymore, second I am not gloating on Haussman just setting the facts. The RONA i worked at is nothing like the RONAs u see, our town has less people in it than a big box RONA store has employees. There are many things about RONA i dislike as well, the only reason my name is ronaselect is because I appreciate good building materials, especially framing and decking lumber. CO-OP or McDarmid is my only other choice and if I had to use that rubbish material I wouldnt build.
    Honestly you come across as a pretty blatant shill. You are here defending Hausmann and then you are slagging Triton routers in another thread.
    - Dave

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    2,013
    Real Name
    Jason

    Default Re: HAUSSMANN power tools manufacturer's

    Cheap tools with a fraudulent name. Perhaps "Mao Tools" might be a more accurate moniker?

    Huassmann was chosen to IMPLY German heritage and quality, plain and simple. As to Bosch, many of their tools are Swiss, German and Mexican, with the Philippines and yes, Taiwan making the rest. BUT id put Taiwan as higher quality then what comes out of mainland China. That, and even Bosch's asian tools are of high quality. Ive never had a bad Bosch tool.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sandy Lake, MB
    Posts
    82

    Default Re: HAUSSMANN power tools manufacturer's

    If you want to rag on a tool, try it out first. Have you personally tried to use these tools? I personally wouldnt buy a triton router, personal choice. If you like them than use them, I would perfer a freud.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    621
    Real Name
    David Gordon

    Default

    So how much is Rona paying for this post, exactly?
    - Dave

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sandy Lake, MB
    Posts
    82

    Default Re: HAUSSMANN power tools manufacturer's

    Quote Originally Posted by scooby074 View Post
    Cheap tools with a fraudulent name. Perhaps "Mao Tools" might be a more accurate moniker?

    Huassmann was chosen to IMPLY German heritage and quality, plain and simple. As to Bosch, many of their tools are Swiss, German and Mexican, with the Philippines and yes, Taiwan making the rest. BUT id put Taiwan as higher quality then what comes out of mainland China. That, and even Bosch's asian tools are of high quality. Ive never had a bad Bosch tool.
    The bosch tools may be assembled in those countries, but I would suggest some research into where the parts come from (ie: MADE IN CHINA)

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sandy Lake, MB
    Posts
    82

    Default Re: HAUSSMANN power tools manufacturer's

    Quote Originally Posted by TheKingInYellow View Post
    So how much is Rona paying for this post, exactly?
    I made the post because persons like yourself have that additude that because they are a house name and are cheap they are no good. There were other posts stating GMC tools made them but that isnt the fact, so I wanted to clarify who makes them. If you want to buy them, than do so, If not than buy what you want....
    Last edited by ronaselect; 03-06-2011 at 02:36 PM.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    621
    Real Name
    David Gordon

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ronaselect View Post
    I made the post because persons like yourself have that additude that because they are a house name and are cheap they are no good. There were other posts stating GMC tools made them but that isnt the fact, so I wanted to clarify who makes them. If you want to buy them, than do so, If not than buy what you want....

    Hows the murder rate in winnipeg doing??? Worst city in north america
    I have no opinion on the tools themselves, I have an opinion about there marketing. I also gave opinions about people who appear to be spamming a very helpful forum.

    Interestingly enough I can also express those opinions without tacking on personal attacks and insults.
    - Dave

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    On the shores of Georgian Bay
    Posts
    4,136
    Real Name
    Ryan

    Default Re: HAUSSMANN power tools manufacturer's

    Alright.

    My thanks to Ronaselect for the initial post. The links are informative.

    At the same time, the thread is now going off the rails.

    There's only two options here to choose from:

    1) continue the conversation in a civil manner that refrains from all personal insinuations,
    or
    2) sit back and watch me close the thread.

    I'll be watching to see what you choose.

Similar Threads

  1. Old Beaver Power Tools
    By stevem in forum Power Tools
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-05-2010, 05:55 AM
  2. Myths about power tools
    By DRC-Wartex in forum Power Tools
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 10-26-2008, 08:48 PM
  3. Hand Tools vs Power Tools
    By Roman in forum Hand Tools
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 06-19-2007, 05:20 PM
  4. Pen without Power Tools
    By Marly059 in forum Turning
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-07-2006, 07:41 PM
  5. Power Tools and the cold
    By Spokeshaven in forum Power Tools
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-04-2006, 10:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •