FREE SAMPLE ISSUE FREE NEWSLETTER DIGITAL ISSUE PREVIEW

Thread: Saw Sharpening??

Default Saw Sharpening??

Hi Guys. I am looking for a reputable place to get my table saw blades sharpened. Does anyone have a place in the Ottawa area that they can recommend and possibly a heads up on cost?

Default Re: Saw Sharpening??

Quote Originally Posted by habsfan View Post
    Hi Guys. I am looking for a reputable place to get my table saw blades sharpened. Does anyone have a place in the Ottawa area that they can recommend and possibly a heads up on cost?
    I have yet to get any blades sharpened, but I know that KJP has a service klisted on their site. Have any memebers used it yet?

Blade Sharpening

H. Leroux Sharpening
    1551-B Michael Street,
    Ottawa, K1B 3T4
    1-613-749-5551

KJP is hooked up with Goldsmith, the best around since Cletus sold Ideal Edge Sharpening. I've only heard negative comments about Leroux. I've never tried Leroux based on the comments of those I trust.

Real Name
    Lynda

I've always used Leroux but recently I'm questioning their work. Where is Goldsmith located Kevin? I'll probably give them a try next time.
    "Shopping" for me means a day in my shop!

Quote Originally Posted by Dusty Lady View Post
    I've always used Leroux but recently I'm questioning their work. Where is Goldsmith located Kevin? I'll probably give them a try next time.
    Goldsmith Saw Tool & Knife

188 King E
    Prescott, ON K0E 1T0
    (613) 925-2432

Real Name
    Hutch

I've dealt with Shirley at Goldsmith for almost 20 years
    Never a problem .

13 Critchley Avenue, PO Box 36, Monteith Ont, P0K1P0

Yup, another one for Goldsmith here. Good work, good service, fair prices.

cheers

John

Thanks a lot!! Do you know how much they charge? Is it so much a tooth or a set price per blade size?

Goldsmith contact and pricing info is listed on the KJP website under services.

http://www.kjpselecthardwoods.com/services.html

Quote Originally Posted by habsfan View Post
    Have you ever considered sharpening your carbide tools yourself? One day, I got tired of looking for a reputable place and then cope with the hassles and cost of dropping off and picking up the tools.

The best price I found (by far) for decent sharpening equipment was the Viel carbide sharpening center. I never regretted buying it. Very easy to use, I'm planning on writing a review on it. The instruction video is now on youtube, it gives a good idea of what the machine is capable of.

Do the math, the cost of sharpening added to the cost of travel will pay for it pretty quick. And if feels really good to being able to sharpen your carbide tools whenever needed in about 5 or 10 minutes.

I have no affiliation with Viel Tools.
    Last edited by ric350; 05-08-2011 at 09:21 AM. Reason: link corrected for english video

I realize this post is 2 years old however I thought my information might be helpful for those who live in the area. I am Cletus' son and had worked in the shop since we opened in 2003. I live in Stittsville now and have a sharpening shop at home. My price for carbide blades is 25 Cents per tooth. If you would like to contact me. See my information below. Additionally, if you have any questions regarding sharpening, I would be happy to answer those as well.

Riley

ssharpening@outlook.com
    613-400-7288
    Last edited by ValleyBoy; 11-13-2013 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ValleyBoy View Post
    I realize this post is 2 years old however I thought my information might be helpful for those who live in the area. I am Cletus' son and had worked in the shop since we opened in 2003. I live in Stittsville now and have a sharpening shop at home. My price for carbide blades is 25 Cents per tooth. If you would like to contact me. See my information below. Additionally, if you have any questions regarding sharpening, I would be happy to answer those as well.

Riley

ssharpening@outlook.com
    613-400-7288
    If you are Cletus' son, and you can live up to his standards, we need to talk. Say hi to him, and Francis, for me.

Hi Kevin, I said hi to the folks for you. Looking forward to talking with you.