FREE SAMPLE ISSUE FREE NEWSLETTER DIGITAL ISSUE PREVIEW

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wynn Filter for my 50-760

Real Name
    Warren Boese

Default Wynn Filter for my 50-760

So I've been searching in Canada for a good .5 micron canister filter for my dust collector. Can't seem to find anything under 1 micron let alone for anywhere near as good a price as Wynn Environmental in the States.
    Trouble is they don't ship to Canada any longer. So I am having them shipped to the border crossing near me and gonna pick up.
    Anyone been able to find something in Canada before I pull the trigger?
    Maybe you want me to grab one for ya while I'm at it?

Default Re: Wynn Filter for my 50-760

Hemi-pleat filters from Camfil Farr out of Toronto.
    Clint in London

Real Name
    Stan Otto

Warren,

I've also been looking for a canister for my delta 50-760. Do you mind me asking how much they are going to cost, including your time and fuel to pick -up? I'd then have to factor in shipping costs to Edmonchuk.

I was considering a Craftex canister and then doing a retrofit based on Clint's DC thread.

Thanx,
    stan

Real Name
    Warren Boese

Hey Stan,
    Well check out this link for actual filter costs.http://www.wynnenv.com/35A_series_cartridge_kit.htm So the cheapest is $109 + $38 shipping = $147 total. They are made in the USA so not sure what duty will be? None? Not much $20? So under $200 with tax. I will be going when I visit my bro in Lethbridge so the drive time is like 45 min. each way. So maybe $25 in gas. All told around $225 to $250? I'm in Edmonton frequently enough so if I decide to do this and your in no hurry I can carry it along with me to the Chuck.

Real Name
    John

You can try contacting Maddock's in Hamilton, they are a manufacturer not a reseller. I have had a few hepa filters made for my Clearvue from them. Great service and good pricing.

John

Real Name
    Brent

Hi Warren,

Oneida also sells HEPA filter upgrades for single stage dust collectors.

http://www.oneida-air.com/inventoryD.asp?item_no=FXK011820&CatId={F433512C-BF2B-4A53-8628-FFE319A03170}

Brent

Real Name
    Stan Otto

Quote Originally Posted by Warren@Strathmore,AB View Post
    Hey Stan,
    Well check out this link for actual filter costs.http://www.wynnenv.com/35A_series_cartridge_kit.htm So the cheapest is $109 + $38 shipping = $147 total. They are made in the USA so not sure what duty will be? None? Not much $20? So under $200 with tax. I will be going when I visit my bro in Lethbridge so the drive time is like 45 min. each way. So maybe $25 in gas. All told around $225 to $250? I'm in Edmonton frequently enough so if I decide to do this and your in no hurry I can carry it along with me to the Chuck.
    \

Warren,
    I really appreciate the offer. I'm going to see what can be found locally and if I strike out I'll take you up on the wynn.
    After looking at the Wynn website link I noticed canister does not have a scrubber. How would one clean it?

thanx,
    stan

Real Name
    Warren Boese

Stan,
    Just blow low pressure compressed air from the outside in - no mess! Let me know if you source something local!

Clint,
    You ordered from CamFill hey? How much were your filters if I may ask?

This is the normal setup for a 50-760.... wynn pleated filter, thien top hat on garbage can and 5" hose/pipe. I used a 1 1/4" drop slot on the thien baffle which seems to be good for general purpose use, and 5" hose in and out of the' top hat'. It seems to interject almost no loss in suction and a high 90's capture rate by the catch can. The 5" seems to be a good compromise for flow volume and velocity using the 50-760. If you are going to use solid pipe rather than flex hose, all the better, but I wouldn't go to 6" pipe.
    On the filter, I was fortunate to get it before they quit delivery to Canada. Mine is spun poly so it's robust, but if your separator does it's job, the compressed air from the outside should keep it pretty clean.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Real Name
    Stan Otto

Stan,
    Let me know if you source something local!
    I picked up a CT 029 craftex filter yesterday. I lucked out and they actually had one left in stock.
    It is made for a 1 hp machine so may be a little small and will need to be retrofit. The cost was $139 plus tax which I think may have been mistake on their part as website cost was $225 on sale. Maybe it was old stock?

I'll let you know how it works.

stan

Quote Originally Posted by stotto View Post
    I picked up a CT 029 craftex filter yesterday. I lucked out and they actually had one left in stock.
    It is made for a 1 hp machine so may be a little small and will need to be retrofit. The cost was $139 plus tax which I think may have been mistake on their part as website cost was $225 on sale. Maybe it was old stock?

I'll let you know how it works.

stan
    I'd be interested to know how well that undersized cannister works as I have one that I am considering using on a 2 HP DC. Please post back your results.
    Last edited by Randy in Calgary; 03-22-2012 at 11:57 AM.
    Cheers
    Randy

"Gunga Galunga" - The Dalai Lama according to Carl Spackler

Quote Originally Posted by Randy in Calgary View Post
    I'd be interested to know how well that undersized cannister works as I have one that I am considering using on a 2 HP DC. Please post back your resultd
    Most of the quality pleated canisters designed for the 1 1/2-2 hp DCs (like mine) allude to being @ 5-6 times the filter area compared to the oem cloth bags they are designed to replace. Presumably that compensates for some clogging of the filter material yet still flowing about as much air flow as the DC can produce safely without undue restriction by the filter. I don't know that it is the same as being filterless. I haven't tried my DC with no filter so can't be sure.
    If the pleated filter for the 1hp unit flowed 1/2 the 5-6 x filter area, you are in theory still way ahead of the typical bag-type filter. If you construct yourself a separator like the Thien, you will have much less filter clogging than using either the oem bag or pleated filter alone, so there will be less filter restriction than would otherwise exist.
    If you've had a look at Phil's site, you will see there are several types.. the 'top hat' style like mine which is a pre-separator meaning it does the separation before the dusty air gets to the DC, or the plain separator which does the separation after the impeller but before the air is exhausted through the filter.
    The performance Clint has gotten from his setup isn't typical... it's way out there from what I can tell. It must have a superior combination of components and an unusual fan blade to work as it does. The 50-760 is very good but isn't going to handle the size and length of duct runs that his does. We may need to do an autopsy on it.

I'd be interested to know how well that undersized cannister works as I have one that I am considering using on a 2 HP DC. Please post back your results.
    Randy -- I have the larger one and I don't think it is that much difference to worry about. Mine performed much better when I put the cartridge on. It should do alright on a 2 hp. Are you going to sell the 1hp and buy a 2hp?? Why not sell it whole and just get the larger one??

Quote Originally Posted by Wally in Calgary View Post
    Why not sell it whole and just get the larger one??
    Well I have the original unused bag for the DC that I could sell with the unit and keep the cannister for myself. I am not sure that I will get much for the cannister on a re-sell and it will cost me over $200 to get a new one. I may just swallow the cost and do as you sugest (less hassle). This additional expense is annoying, since my little 1 HP works great, but I have to move it to the back of the shop and using a piping system due to space constraints at the front of the garage (summertime toys, bikes, etc.). It isn't big enough for that additional pressure drop in the piping.
    Cheers
    Randy

Well I have the original unused bag for the DC that I could sell with the unit and keep the cannister for myself. I am not sure that I will get much for the cannister on a re-sell and it will cost me over $200 to get a new one. I may just swallow the cost and do as you sugest (less hassle). This additional expense is annoying, since my little 1 HP works great, but I have to move it to the back of the shop and using a piping system due to space constraints at the front of the garage (summertime toys, bikes, etc.). It isn't big enough for that additional pressure drop in the piping.
    I also have a 1 micron ( I think) 48" high bag that you could have if you want it. How big is the diameter on the 1 hp??

I also have a 1 micron ( I think) 48" high bag that you could have if you want it. How big is the diameter on the 1 hp??
    It's only around 12".
    Cheers
    Randy

It's only around 12".
    Then I think you better bite the bullet and sell it and get the complete 2hp one. JMHO FWIW.

Then I think you better bite the bullet and sell it and get the complete 2hp one. JMHO FWIW.
    Yeah that's what I am thinking as well.
    Cheers
    Randy

Clint,
    You ordered from CamFill hey? How much were your filters if I may ask?
    $105 +tax each

C
    Clint in London

Real Name
    Warren Boese

Clint,
    Wow thats a great price! You remember your part number? I just got quoted $360 for a 16" diameter cartridge from my local Farr dealer!