Re: What shop lighting do you have and are you happy with it?
Originally Posted by hawk223
1) Type(s) and quantity of fixtures (Reflectors?)?
2) Bulbs used (lumen rating) color temperature rating in K?
3) Ceiling height?
4) Shop area (square footage)?
5) Wall and ceiling finish/color?
6) Are you satisfied with the lighting?
7) What would you change?
8) Other comments?
1) 8 - 8' T8 fixtures, no reflectors (each with 4 - 4' bulbs)
2) Standard T8 bulbs at 5000 K
3) 9' sloping to 11' at the peak.
4) Open portion of shop = approximately 600 sq ft.
5) Eggshell white.
6) Lighting seems very good, so far. I have not spent a great deal of time in my shop yet, though. Lights are in 2 banks so that I can switch them independently.
7) Haven't come across anything yet, that might change as time goes on.
8) The 5000K bulbs seem to give a fairly natural light, I am happy in that regard so far. Don't be afraid to have lots of light, if you create several separately switched banks of fixtures, you can have as much or as little light as you need.