FREE SAMPLE ISSUE FREE NEWSLETTER DIGITAL ISSUE PREVIEW

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Buyer be ware!Caution: Dewalt 735 extension tables

Default Buyer be ware!Caution: Dewalt 735 extension tables

Yup, bought the extension tables from JC Cayer near Ottawa. Well they came in time, and to my surpise there was NO hardare kit to mount to the planer. So how is a fella to mount them to the planer? Well of course I contacted them about the missing hardware, which I tought was just a mistake, and guess what ! Its not included they said. So why is it that everyone else in the world sells them with the hardware included except them. I asked why their website doesn't say that. Then I wouldn't have bought them. Now I have to go serching for the hardware. Buyer be ware!

Default Re: Buyer be ware!Caution: Dewalt 735 extension tables

So your problem isn't with the extention tables but in fact with the company that sold them to you.....?

Real Name
    I.B.Woodworker

just contact Dewalt and have them send you the 4 bolts and spring. I am sure that they will send them out to you for free.
    Matt

People are like a box of chocolates. It's hard to tell initially which ones are nuts.

Free. lol!

I'm into this Chinese built planer for about $850. So far, I like it but I've hardly used mine. I picked up the same extension tables but haven't installed them yet. They just showed up a couple of weeks ago and I've been busy. It looks like I'm going to require the hardware too. At the same time, I picked up a Wixey digital gauge from Amazon. The gauge looks real good but it's still in the bubble pack too.

Blog Entries

Dewalts website says the hardware kit is included (why on earth wouldn't it be?). http://www.dewalt.com/tools/portable...ts-dw7351.aspx

The store you are dealing with is the problem, not the tables. My only complaint regarding the tables is they should have been included with the planner, the greatly reduce snipe.

AK

Andrew, I agree 100%, they should be included. They said they are not, because they said any new 735 delivered in the last 3 months has them installed already! I talked to a Dewalt rep yesterday at a HD and he said that is not true. My guess is that the have removed the hardware kit from the Dewalt box, and are making you purchase the hardware kit at extra cost. I talked to the so called supervisor at JC cayer and he was not very understanding. He actually hung up on me!

Vilbert.

Your correct. It's the people selling them, not the manufacturer.

Blog Entries

It ccould still be a Dewalt problem imo as the real root cause. Company reps are sometimes useless. Like MattM suggested earlier, just contact Dewalt, mention your situation and that even their website says they should be included and see what they say. Bet you'll have them in npo time. Then again, we're talking about Dewalt, not a brand I respecct/care for myself.
    Kevin

Real Name
    Dale

Just bought my extension wings a couple of weeks ago from Busy Bee and they came with the hardware.
    Last edited by WoodNuts; 06-15-2012 at 10:18 PM. Reason: Add content.

Return them!
    Don

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Don Burch View Post
    Return them!
    Don
    I suspect the dilema is that they were shipped, and in returning them, he possibly incurs additional non-refundable shipping charges.
    Kevin

Real Name
    I.B.Woodworker

Quote Originally Posted by Lost in the Woods View Post
    I suspect the dilema is that they were shipped, and in returning them, he possibly incurs additional non-refundable shipping charges.
    and probably both ways as if they are shafting for a set of 45cent bolts, then they surely won't pick up a return shipping either.
    Matt

People are like a box of chocolates. It's hard to tell initially which ones are nuts.

Check the provincial sale of goods act. Usually if the goods are misrepresented there is relief. Also, the charges can be challenged via your credit card company.
    Again , if there is misrepresentation, it is breach of contract. Print off everything about the item, the guarantee etc before they can change it online. Then go after them.

Don

This is getting way too complicated...just call Jean Claude and speak to him personally. He'll make it right.
    Paul

Dear Ottawa,
    I spoke to their so called supervisor, and he said NO! then hung up> So how is that for customer service?

I just opened my extension table box. It includes the fasteners and springs. I'm pretty sure I got it from JC Cayer, too.

Quote Originally Posted by 1967tml View Post
    Dear Ottawa,
    I spoke to their so called supervisor, and he said NO! then hung up> So how is that for customer service?
    Paul said to talk to JC not the supervisor.

Almost sounds like you want to put down JC Sayer more than you want this fixed. I think this is going way overboard on such a trivial matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Burch View Post
    Check the provincial sale of goods act. Usually if the goods are misrepresented there is relief. Also, the charges can be challenged via your credit card company.
    Again , if there is misrepresentation, it is breach of contract. Print off everything about the item, the guarantee etc before they can change it online. Then go after them.

Don
    Seriously???

Quote Originally Posted by jaywood1207 View Post
    Seriously???
    Why not?????
    Consumer protection legislation is there to protect people from bad deals. If the story is correct, and now it looks like perhaps the seller never offered the hardware in the first place, then there is some protection and people should be aware.
    Is it worth the effort? If one chooses to pursue, the cost to the retailer can be just as onerous.

Don
    Last edited by Don Burch; 06-17-2012 at 12:22 AM.

Actually, i just looked at the website and there is no mention of hardware. At Busy Bee they mention Hardware, at Dewalt they mention hardware.
    Looks like you got what was advertised - 2 tables
    Maybe DeWalt will sell you the hardware. Check online for a parts breakdown of the table kit.

Don
    Last edited by Don Burch; 06-17-2012 at 12:22 AM.